July 26, 2014:
Today was the big gender reveal day. Not that we are one of "those" people who have a special cake made, or have a party, but we did have an ultrasound done to check on the babies...yes, I did say babies. My denial phase is still intact, and every visit to the OB or ultrasound, I am sure something is going to change, but not as of yet. In fact, the last OB appointment, my doctor said, "you may want to begin accepting the fact that there are 2 babies...." So, I am working on that.
 |
| The twins are sitting "head to head" |
Etta was a little less than patient during the scan, but Spencer did manage to at least keep her in the room without too much screaming, with the help of her favorite snack, red grapes. This scan really helped me begin to accept that I really would have 3 kids under 3, and possibly 3 kids under 2, depending on when they would be born. The stenographer painstakingly scanned each limb, internal organ, and couldn't find a defect in either baby. I guess I have just seen too much in working at Primary Children's Hospital to automatically show optimism. I seem to always remember the critically ill patients, and not the ones that did recover. Anyway, this scan helped put my mind at ease a bit, except for the fact that we will be having 3 GIRLS!
 |
| Twin A: Never stopped moving during the scan, and even "waved" to us. |
 |
Twin B: A little less excited to meet the camera, and sat mostly still until she startled when hearing her own heartbeat and turned away.
|
Etta helped us announce our pregnancy with her "Thing 1" shirt:
 |
| Perhaps you've heard rumors; and this one is true. That soon we will have a Thing 1 and Thing 2. But, wait just a minute, what's that we see? Not only Thing 2, but also a Thing 3!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment