Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Released!

Sunday morning, around 7 am, the surgeons came around for the usual rounds and said they were sure Etta was ready to go home.  She had slept very well through the night, barely waking up for her vital checks.  And to be honest, I was just as "out" that night.  Thanks to my Mom, I was able to sleep more soundly.  She selflessly offered to sleep at the hospital with us, so I could get more sleep.

We walked out of the hospital around 10 am.  I felt so excited to get her home and begin recovering where she could really heal.  We have been so blessed throughout this ordeal and have seen some amazing "tender mercies."

Etta continues to do well and is basically off her pain meds.  She is wanting to get back to her "life" and ate her first full serving of rice cereal today.  She also spent quite a lot of time in her Bumbo seat, actively playing with her toys.  I'm beginning to see glimpses of the fully healed Etta.  Keep those coming!!

No comments:

Post a Comment